ANN ARBOR, MICH. – XanEdu, the leading innovator of custom course materials and textbooks, announces the release of its XanEdu iPad App version 2.8. The new version offers higher education students even greater time-saving functionality as it improves efficiency and engagement with professor-selected content. Available for free download at the iTunes App Store, its new featuresinclude:
- Ability to add notes and highlights to images
- Welcome tour for quick start
- Navigation improvements to help students better identify which article they are viewing in the Table of Contents, and where search terms appear within their course materials.
Previous enhancements included:
- Dropbox support for PDF export
- Page number viewing
- Underlining text capability
- Ability to rearrange custom books or course packs in the library
- Two- and three-finger swipe support.
“Our goal is to make students more efficient using digital technology that is intuitive and works withtheir study habits,” says Nicole Pinard, Senior Vice President, XanEdu Publishing, Inc. “We’re taking the complexity out of personalized content by supporting professors’ desire to integrate publisher-neutral content such as journal articles, textbook chapters, video, cases, and more into a single, easy-to-use platform for students. It’s a win-win for everyone – content chosen by professors in a digital form preferred by students. And, that’s just the beginning… we are now piloting enhancements for professors.”
The XanEdu iPad app is part of the XanEdu Folio-X digital learning platform.
XanEdu is helping institutions change the course of learning and instruction with innovative solutions for creating, delivering and managing course materials. We help educators and learners save money, improve efficiency, collaborate, engage more with content and improve learning outcomes. XanEducourse materials, including CoursePacks, textbooks and lab manuals, are 100 percent copyright compliant and accessible on iPad and Android tablets. Visit www.xanedu.com.