CUSTOM BOOKS CATALOG
Author: Open RN
Paperback: 552 pages
Price: $43.93 suggested retail
Availability: in stock/ready to ship
Place bookstore and other bulk orders using our online order form.
Contact us for more information or to request a desk copy.
About the Book
‘Nursing Pharmacology’ introduces the principles of pharmacology, including drug classifications and their effects on the body. Emphasis is on the use of the components of the nursing process when administering medications.
- Apply basic pharmacology principles to medication management
- Examine legal, ethical, social, and cultural issues related to medication administration
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of antimicrobial drugs
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of central nervous system drugs
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of analgesic and musculoskeletal system drugs
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of autonomic nervous system drugs
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of respiratory system drugs
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of cardiovascular and renal systems drugs
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of gastrointestinal system drugs
- Apply components of the nursing process to the administration of endocrine system drugs
The OER Nursing textbooks are written based on the State Nursing curriculum established by the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS).
Key items that distinguish our textbooks from other commercial textbooks:
- Open RN textbooks are completely aligned with WTCS Nursing Curriculum and Nursing courses (for WTCS colleges).
- Content is aligned with NCLEX Test Plans (for all nursing programs) and is leveled for entry-level nursing students.
- The Pharmacology textbook has been reviewed by over 30 national reviewers from 2- and 4-year nursing programs and revisions made based on their feedback.
- Textbooks are based on evidence-based practice with footnotes provided to sources within the chapters. Digital literacy is promoted by providing hyperlinks to reputable sources.
- Textbooks are written in plain language to promote student success.
- Active learning activities are incorporated in the e-book that range from flashcards to patient scenarios that encourage the development of clinical judgment and provide feedback.
- Critical thinking questions and learning activities are included as formative assessments with answer keys provided in the back of the book that do not require internet access.
- Learning outcomes will be collected across WTCS nursing course sections beginning in Fall 2020 and will compare student success rates in courses using the OER textbook(s) to those not using OER.
As OER (Open Educational Resources) Nursing Pharmacology is available for free digital download (and low-cost in hardcover, full-color print). Download a FREE copy of the digital book here.
About Open RN
As Open Educational Materials (OER) the Open RN textbooks will always be free in digital formats, and low-cost in print (paperback, full-color).
The Open RN project is funded by a $2.5 million dollar grant from the Department of Education to create 5 OER Nursing Textbooks with 25 associated virtual reality scenarios. The project is led by Chippewa Valley Technical College, and the textbooks are being collaboratively written with faculty from Wisconsin technical colleges. The books will be reviewed nationally by nursing faculty, deans, healthcare alliance members, and other industry representatives to ensure the content is current and accurate. Other states and colleges are encouraged to adopt and customize these books for their specific requirements, to save students money re-purposing the high-quality Open RN base materials.