CUSTOM BOOKS CATALOG
Environment of Life Laboratory Manual
Author: Kamau W. Mbuthia, PhD
Paperback: 159 pages
Price: $26.54 suggested retail
Availability: in stock/ready to ship
Bookstores: Place bookstore and other bulk orders using our online order form.
Contact us for more information or to request a desk copy.
About the Book
Covering basic ecology and current environmental problems of air, water, and land pollution, as well as human population dynamics, this is the tenth edition of the highly-regarded Biology 1010 Lab Manual for the Department of Biological Sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences at Bowling Green State University.
• Writing Laboratory Reports
• Sample Lab report
• Introduction to Microscopes
• Applying the Scientific Method
• The Plankton Community and Pond Ecology
• Water Quality Assessment — Coliform Bacteria, Dissolved oxygen, pH, and Benthic Macroinvertebrates
• Analyzing Environmental Data Using Two Fundamental Statistical Tests: t-test and Chi-square
• Introduction to Spectrophotometry
• Nutrient Enrichment on Growth of Freshwater Algae: Designing an Individualized Project
• Soil Microbial Diversity and Chemical Analysis
• Estimating Population size through ‘mark and recapture’
• Human Population growth and impacts on environment
• Recycling in Ohio
• Endangered Animal and Plant Species
About the Author
Dr. Kamau Mbuthia is a Lecturer in the Biological Sciences Department of the College of Arts and Sciences at Bowling Green State University.