XanEdu Job Posting
Ann Arbor, MI
Health, Dental, 401K matching and other benefits are offered.
We will support your career growth with ongoing training and advanced tools. You will have the foundation of proven training along with the flexibility to develop into your own professional. At XanEdu you will have the opportunity for career growth and having a hand in improving education as a whole.
XanEdu is the nation’s leader in delivering scalable custom publishing solutions, in print and digital formats, to the K12 & Higher Ed Communities. We are changing the way educators adopt course materials and improving the quality of education every day.
Due to impressive growth XanEdu is experiencing in the K12 market, we are actively seeking a Production Coordinator for our K12 division to play a critical role in developing custom books for K-12 educators. The Production Coordinator will report to the Managing Editor and will partner with the K-12 sales team as well as interact with our customers directly.
With the aid of best-in-class processes, techniques and technologies, you will be empowered to shape relationships and internal processes for XanEdu’s team and customers who are adopting industry-leading products and services to change the face of education. Enthusiasm, persistence, creativity and a positive attitude are essential.
The XanEdu Production Coordinator coordinates multiple and overlapping assigned book or e-book projects from inception to completion by shepherding each project through the evaluation,development, design, format, lay out, production, and manufacturing processes by establishing project timelines and coordinating with internal and external production teams to ensure on time delivery and optimal customer satisfaction.
- Interact with sales and customers to evaluate projects, create project plans and timelines. Partner with sales team to convey information, project plans, and status updates to prospects and customers.
- Receive new project information. Review any submitted material for specifications, identify issues, and identify if the project may need design and/or production services.
- Input and maintain accurate schedule, cost, specification, and administrative data and content in all required systems in a timely manner.
- Disseminate information as appropriate on all matters relevant to assigned projects to Managing Editor, Permissions Editor(s), Sales, Production, customers and other stakeholders.
- Efficiently perform the following tasks as needed: scheduling, copy editing, proofreading, pagelayout and design, composition, front and back matter creation, reviewing composed pages, and manufacturer page proofs.
- Oversee freelance partners assigned to specific projects. Evaluate vendors’ performance. Develop and manage relationships and performance of vendors. Inform manager of problems, opportunities.
- Gather and organize all required information to create project descriptions and specifications to request quotes/bids from 3rd party partners including freelancers and printers. Assemble returned quote/bid information into customer-facing templates.
- Partner with permissions editor during permissions process to create visibility and ensure accurate communication about status and possible issues.
- Partner with designer to efficiently convey customer requirements for the creation of new book(s) per customer specifications.
- Work closely with printers to convey all fulfillment requirements and maintain production schedule for on-time delivery, schedule print jobs for title(s) with selected and appropriate printer, close project and prepare for printer, send print ready files to printer, track printer progress through production and fulfillment
- Request purchase orders, verify invoices, and submit for payment.
- Maintain organized filing system ensuring all files are in our shared platform, labeled appropriately.
- Throughout process, monitor, manage and report on progress, escalating any issues in a timely manner.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Manage ongoing project file submission process
- Manage ongoing projects permissions requirements in conjunction with Permissions Editor(s)
- Work on existing products including edition updates and iterations.
- Use InDesign or Adobe Pro to touch up files, as needed.
- Assist in creating sample books for Sales
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience working with InDesign, Adobe, and/or permissions and content licensing experience.
- College degree or relevant work experience required.
- Two to four years of experience working in production or editorial capacity on online products and/or books
- Working knowledge of content management including book and course production, manufacturing processes including copyediting, design, proofreading, XML import/export,composition, and prepress.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing programs and Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel,PowerPoint, Adobe Professional, SharePoint, InDesign, file transfer
- Detail oriented, team player, willing to learn
- Excellent phone skills, phone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Prior customer interaction or account management preferred
- Prior project management experience and strong administrative, organization and follow up skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with high level of integrity.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven entrepreneurial spirit focused on providing highest customer experience and creating business solutions through problem solving skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Sense of humor, collaborative spirit, positive attitude and desire to be part of a team.
401K+Match, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
XanEdu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.