Ann Arbor, Michigan
The XanEdu Production Coordinator coordinates multiple and overlapping assigned book or e-book projects from initiation to closeout by shepherding each project through the estimating, content evaluation, development, design, formatting, production, and manufacturing processes by establishing project timelines and coordinating with internal and external production teams to ensure on-time delivery and optimal customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities
- Interact with sales and customers to define project scope, create project plans and timelines, and performing estimating for proposals.
- Partner with sales team to convey information, project plans, and status updates to prospects and customers.
- Receive new project information. Review any submitted material for specifications, identify issues, and identify if the project may need design and/or production services.
- Input and maintain accurate schedule, cost, specification, and administrative data and content in all required systems in a timely manner.
- Disseminate information as appropriate on all matters relevant to assigned projects to Managing Editor, Permissions Editor(s), Sales, Production, customers and other stakeholders.
- Oversee 3rd party vendors subcontracted to execute specific projects activities. Evaluate vendors’ performance. Develop and manage relationships and performance of vendors. Inform manager of problems, opportunities.
- Gather and organize all required information to create project descriptions and specifications to request quotes/bids from 3rd party partners including content development freelancers and print manufacturers. Assemble returned quote/bid information into internal and customer-facing templates.
- Partner with Content Manager during curriculum sourcing/authoring process to create visibility and ensure accurate communication about status and possible issues.
- Partner with Permissions Editor during permissions process to create visibility and ensure accurate communication about status and possible issues.
- Partner with Managing Editor and Designer to efficiently convey customer requirements for the creation of new book(s) per customer specifications.
- Work closely with printers to schedule manufacturing, submit purchase orders for manufacturing with appropriate vendors; transmit print ready files to vendors, convey accurate fulfillment requirements and maintain production schedule for on-time delivery.
- Organize and communicate tracking information to customers in a timely manner.
- Request purchase orders from customer, verify subcontractor invoices, and submit internal pricing data to finance department for generating customer-facing invoices.
- Maintain organized filing system ensuring all files are in our shared platform, labeled appropriately.
- Throughout process, monitor, manage and report on progress, escalating any issues in a timely manner.
Other duties may include
- Manage ongoing project file submission process
- Manage ongoing projects permissions requirements in conjunction with Permissions Editor(s)
- Work on existing products including edition updates and iterations.
- Assist in creating sample books for Sales
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- College degree or relevant work experience required.
- Two to four years of experience working in production or editorial capacity on online products and/or books.
- Working knowledge of content management including book and course production, manufacturing processes including copyediting, design, proofreading, XML import/export, composition, and prepress.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing programs and Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Professional, SharePoint, InDesign, and file transfer tools.
- Detailed oriented, team player, willing to learn.
- Excellent phone skills, phone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Prior customer interaction or account management preferred.
- Prior project management experience and strong administrative, organization and follow up skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with high level of integrity.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven entrepreneurial spirit focused on providing highest customer experience and creating business solutions through problem solving skills.
- Sense of humor, collaborative spirit, positive attitude and desire to be part of a team.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have prior experience in content publishing, print sales, logistics, supply chain management, and project management.
- Prior experience in content publishing, print sales, logistics, supply chain management, and project management.
- 401K, dental, life, medical, vision
- XanEdu, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.