XanEdu Job Posting
Ann Arbor, MI
Health, Dental, 401K matching and other benefits are offered.
We will support your career growth with ongoing training and advanced tools. You will have the foundation of proven training along with the flexibility to develop into your own professional. At XanEdu you will have the opportunity for career growth and having a hand in improving education as a whole.
XanEdu is the nation’s leader in delivering scalable custom publishing solutions, in print and digital formats, to the K-12 & Higher Ed Communities. We are changing the way educators adopt course materials and improving the quality of education every day.
Due to impressive growth XanEdu is experiencing in the K-12 market, we are actively seeking a Production Assistant for our K-12 division to assist in developing custom books for K-12 educators and students. The Production Assistant will report to the Managing Editor and will work to support the division in the areas of print production, copyright/permissions clearance, and general administration.
With the aid of best-in-class processes, techniques, and technologies, you will be part of a dynamic team, and will participate in shaping relationships and internal processes for XanEdu and its customers, who are adopting industry-leading products and services to change the face of education. Enthusiasm, persistence, creativity, and a positive attitude are essential.
The XanEdu Production Assistant supports multiple and overlapping book or e-book projects through various phases of development, including permissions, editorial, design, production, and manufacturing. The Production Assistant will work closely with the team to document and track project timelines and internal processes for meeting deadlines and ensuring optimal customer satisfaction. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact with permissions and production teams to organize and document project requirements, deliverables, plans, and schedules.
- Update and maintain spreadsheets tracking costs, print specifications, permissions requests, and other data.
- Calculate shipping estimates for customer deliveries.
- Compile and translate internal information on pricing, print specifications, and schedules to create orders for vendors and customer-facing documents.
- Assist Permissions Editor in identifying rightsholders of texts and images.
- Assist in tracking responses to permissions requests.
- Create and/or proofread citations for permissions.
- Receive purchase orders, verify invoices, and submit for payment.
- Maintain organized filing system in internal shared platforms/drives, using file-naming conventions.
- Work with FTP servers to upload and download files for printing.
- Efficiently perform the following tasks as needed: proofreading, data entry, filing, scanning, copying, and file maintenance.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 1-3 years of experience working in an administrative, production, customer service, or editorial capacity with books, printed materials, online products, or other related products.
- Basic knowledge of books, publishing, printing, or manufacturing processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and file transfer systems.
- Sharp attention to detail, ability to problem solve, and a desire to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including phone and email.
- Ability to interact comfortably with customers and vendors as well as internal sales, marketing, and operations teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or under supervision with high level of integrity.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Sense of humor, collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and desire to be part of a team.
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
XanEdu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.