Ann Arbor, Michigan
The XanEdu Production Assistant supports multiple and overlapping book or e-book projects through various phases of development, including permissions, editorial, design, production, and manufacturing. The Production Assistant will work closely with the team to document and track project timelines and internal processes for meeting deadlines and ensuring optimal customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities
- Interact with permissions and production teams to organize and document project requirements, deliverables, plans, and schedules.
- Update and maintain spreadsheets to track costs, print specifications, permissions requests, and other data.
- Calculate shipping estimates for customer deliveries.
- Compile and translate internal information on pricing, print specifications, and schedules to create orders for vendors and customer-facing documents.
- Assist Production Coordinators with organizing project activities to provide status updates and maintain schedules.
- Receive purchase orders, verify invoices, and submit for payment.
- Maintain organized filing system in internal shared platforms/drives, using file-naming conventions.
- Work with FTP servers to upload and download files for printing.
- Efficiently perform the following tasks as needed: proofreading, data entry, filing, scanning, copying, and file maintenance.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- College degree or relevant work experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience working in an administrative, production, customer service, or
Editorial capacity with books, printed materials, online products, or other related products.
- Basic knowledge of books, publishing, printing, or manufacturing processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and file transfer systems.
- Sharp attention to detail, ability to problem solve, and a desire to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, including phone and email.
- Ability to interact comfortably with customers and vendors as well as internal sales, marketing, and operations teams.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or under supervision with high level of integrity.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven entrepreneurial spirit.
- Sense of humor, collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and desire to be part of a team.
- Prior experience in content publishing, print sales, logistics, supply chain management, and project management.
- 401K, dental, life, medical, vision
- XanEdu, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.