XanEdu Job Posting
Marketing Director, Higher Education
Position: Marketing Director, Higher Education
Reports To: SVP of Sales and Operations
General Classification: Salaried, Regular, Full Time
The Marketing Director leads the Higher Education marketing team in the creation and execution of marketing strategies to establish XanEdu as the premier provider of custom publishing solutions, technology, and services for educators and businesses in the Higher Education vertical. The Director leads and executes the strategy to best position XanEdu’s go-to-market strategies and to accomplish overall company/division marketing objectives and revenue targets. The Marketing Director is a key contributor to the focus and direction of the business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short- and long-range, to support objectives of the organization.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial and technological factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Develops and manages the marketing operating budget.
- Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, direct mail, and conferences/trade shows.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
- Conducts marketing surveys and focus groups on current and new product concepts; provides feedback for future product development.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Develops and creates core messaging, campaigns and content assets for executing marketing strategy.
- Identify, hire and oversee third party vendor relationships for successful marketing strategy execution.
- Develop and maintain sales enablement tools (e.g. sales presentations, core messaging documents, training tools, competitive analysis and demos)
- Maintains a positive, team-oriented work environment that retains and motivates top quality personnel.
- Deep knowledge of marketing best practices, including market research, direct response, digital, social media, trade shows, events, and loyalty/retention
- Deep understanding of leveraging and utilizing CRM’s and other marketing platforms (e.g. Hubspot) to carry out marketing functions
- Solid strategic marketing analytical skills (e.g., market and competitive dynamics, business performance)
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage several projects at once from inception through execution
- Able to work under pressure, with interruptions, and meet established deadlines
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Adept at delegating and managing, as well as getting things done as an individual contributor when needed
- Excellent listening and communication skills; the ability to comprehend and clearly communicate in written, discussion and presentation formats
- Proven track record of successful personnel management. Experience with hiring, training, developing, supervising and managing performance of personnel
- Ability to cultivate and support a positive, collaborative, team-oriented work environment
- The courage to step into difficult or awkward situations and create resolution for the betterment of individuals, teams, and XanEdu
- Exceptional skills in partnering with clients and staff and in developing and maintaining long-term supportive relationships
- Ability to travel to represent XanEdu at conferences, trade shows, and events.
Experience in Higher Education, custom publishing and technology
Manages all the employees within the department. Is responsible for performance, management, and hiring for the department. Is responsible for supervision and relationships with contractors and vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
4 year bachelor’s degree required as minimum. Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated success in a marketing leadership role and corporate marketing strategy in mid-size organization.
- This position is based in Ann Arbor
- Occasional travel is required
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. XanEdu seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.