XanEdu Job Posting
K-12 B2B Account Executive (Publishing Services)
Job Title: K-12 B2B Account Executive
Department/Group: K-12 Sales
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Salary Range: Based on Experience
Travel Required: 50%
Position Type: Full-time
The B2B Account Executive (Publishing Services) is responsible for revenue growth with a sole focus on K-12 corporate partnerships. The position will be responsible for prospecting and closing new business as well as managing customer relationships and serving as a central point of contact for K-12 corporate customers across a defined territory. As an Account Executive, reporting to the VP, K12 Sales, you will work directly with customers, marketing and fulfillment teams to achieve quarterly and annual sales quotas across new and renewal business. The ideal candidate should be excited about our mission to evolve the K-12 learning experience while bringing a passion for innovation and education to the team.
- Manage sales territory to achieve all sales goals and quotas from prospecting to negotiating and closing successful partnerships.
- Identify K-12 corporate targets, prospect for leads and align XanEdu’s value proposition to customer needs.
- Maintain a sufficient pipeline including both renewal and new revenue opportunities to accomplish sales targets.
- Accurately forecast sales and pipeline progression utilizing a CRM and other forecasting tools.
- Present action plans, forecasts, territory strategy and other strategic planning documents as well as activity and results to internal stakeholders as requested.
- Utilize multiple channels of communication including social, digital, video, chat, phone and demonstration environments to effectively reach, sell to and manage XanEdu customers and prospects.
- Position solutions in the context of customer needs and experiences while differentiating them amongst the competitive landscape; provide product overview and insights pertinent to customer need.
- Demonstrate verbally, in writing and through live/web product demos, how customers can capture value and be successful in partnership implementing with XanEdu.
- Obsess over XanEdu’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience.
- Utilize best-in-class communication skills to work within the C-suite of companies.
- Identify new strategic partnership, sales models or product opportunities for growth.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate computer software proficiency in usage of iOS, Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, sales/customer databases (Hubspot preferred).
- Create proposals and other document requests for prospects and clients.
- Utilize modern selling and marketing techniques and tools to communicate effectively with key business decision makers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- College degree or 1-3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 year’s experience in previous business-related role.
- Active relationships within K12 and Higher Education content, software and publishing companies.
- Remote prospecting phone/email skills and phone etiquette and presence.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional value proposition creation and presentation skills.
- Consultative sales training and exhibited execution.
- Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Excellent phone skills, phone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel periodically representing XanEdu at conferences, tradeshows, annual meetings, and customer meetings.
- Self-motivated and highly productive working independently.
- Previous experience tracking and managing sales accounts within a CRM.
- Past custom publishing, publishing outsource services, book printing sales experience.
- Previous experience in K12 industry or publishing companies.
- Previous demonstrated sales experience focusing on services to K-12 companies.