Ann Arbor, Michigan position
In collaboration with VP of Human Resources, The XanEdu Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including recruiting, interviewing, HR administration, employee relations and developing company policies and practices.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Conducts new hire orientation and oversees employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate team members.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provides administrative support to ExCom team as needed
Required Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years of previous experience in Sales & Marketing Operations required.
- Deep understanding of Marketing Platform and CRM technologies.
- Able to follow-up and follow-through on multiple initiatives.
- Able work collaboratively with all types of individuals.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least 3 years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-Certifications a plus
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- XanEdu, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.