The Marketing Manager – Cross Portfolio will play a pivotal role in the growth of a portfolio of companies in the education space. Each company brings unique value to the portfolio with different marketing activities that include B2B and B2C in the Higher Education and K-12 markets. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for maintaining all websites in the portfolio, including updates, SEO optimization, and reporting. The role will support the marketing and sales team through mastery and ownership of marketing automation software (HubSpot) throughout the portfolio to ensure best practices and consistency in execution and reporting of marketing campaigns.
The Marketing Manager will have access to both internal and external marketing support functions as required but will ultimately have responsibility for websites and marketing automation. Experience managing vendors as well as detailed knowledge of HubSpot’s marketing, website, and analytics tools are required.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the HubSpot-based websites across three companies (focusing on 1 initially)
- Write compelling website copy as needed
- Facilitate any website redesign processes including stakeholder input and leveraging change management best practices
- Design and implement marketing plans to improve SEO and drive conversions and interest from target personas
- Manage project budgets and third-party support as needed
Marketing Automation - HubSpot
- Implement digital campaign management, lead routing, lead scoring, improve data management
- Manage lead flow process and assess the impact of lead generation on the sales pipeline
- Manage marketing automation programs to drive marketing & sales targets
- Develop and deliver marketing reporting, dashboards, analysis of conversions, campaign/program efficacy; in addition, manage KPIs and ROI for organic marketing
Additional Skills Required
- Strong knowledge of content marketing
- Knowledge of marketing best practices, including market research, Google analytics, SEO, direct response, digital, social media, and loyalty/retention
- Solid strategic marketing analytical skills (e.g., market and competitive dynamics, business performance)
- Strong project management skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage several projects at once from inception through execution
- Excellent listening and communication skills; the ability to comprehend and clearly communicate in written, discussion and presentation formats
- Collaborative mindset to build effective relationships with marketing, sales and product teams across Higher Ed and K-12 verticals and across the portfolio of companies. Willingness to perform other work as assigned to ensure the success of the team and the entire organization.
- Experience managing external vendor and partner relationships.
- Exceptional skills in partnering with clients and staff and in developing and maintaining long-term supportive relationships across complex organizational structures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
4 year bachelor's degree required as minimum. Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated success in a marketing manager role with the ability to proactively identify the needs and opportunities within the portfolio companies, to manage projects independently, and to manage relationships and communications from a variety of stakeholders.
- This role is eligible for remote work - XanEdu is based in Livonia, MI and our teams are located throughout the US.
- Occasional travel is required
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours which will accommodate multiple time zones.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. XanEdu seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
- 401K, dental, life, medical, vision
- XanEdu, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.