Remote possible; location near Ann Arbor, MI ofﬁce a plus
XanEdu, founded in 1999, works to inspire the education community with innovative solutions to build affordable, accessible learning experiences that drive student success. By working with college bookstores, university faculty and leadership, school administration, and K-12 school districts, millions of students now use XanEdu learning materials and the company is continuing to grow.
Reporting to the VP of Higher Education Product, the Product Manager will implement the strategic vision of our Higher Education (HED) product roadmap. The ideal candidate should be excited about our mission to evolve the HED learning experience while bringing a passion for innovation and education to the team. This position will be responsible for working with the VP of Higher Education to continue the migration from print to digital, establish and maintain content provider relationships, develop, and maintain the functional roadmap for XanEdu’s higher education courseware platform, as well as managing all aspects of the content acquisition and licensing strategy
Oversee all aspects of product lifecycle management from conception to completion including product roadmap development, product development and roll out. Develop high impact custom publishing products that delight and change the face of education. Work with print and digital education products to reﬁne company's blended offerings and drive new customer acquisition through product expansion.
- Research and Analysis:
Research and analysis identify key competitor and consumer trends; articulate market requirements and opportunities; identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements; work with research regarding product development; monitor and analyze product usage and feedback to identify and implement improvement strategies; work closely with customers and prospects to identify customer needs and market requirements
Manage OER Content Provider Content Delivery. Work with Negotiate contracts and secure proﬁtable print and digital licensing agreements.
- Market Research & Customer Experience:
Monitor and keep abreast of HE competitive landscape. Work closely with customers and prospects to identify customer needs and market requirements as well as evaluate competitive intelligence, deﬁne target market and create user stories and use cases. Monitor and analyze product usage and feedback to identify and implement improvement strategies.
- Cross-functional Collaboration & Communication:
Collaborate with design and engineering teams to deﬁne project scope, requirements, timeline, key milestones and ﬁnancial goals. Work closely with marketing and sales teams to support the development of go-to-market launch plans, customer communications strategies and sales enablement tools. Help develop training programs and tools to ensure sales teams achieve competency in representing full scope of product value propositions. Participate in key account visits and in partnership with the sales and marketing teams, lead customer research initiatives. Anticipate, identify, and communicate project status and risks to key stakeholders, including the senior leadership team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA (or equivalent), preferred
- 7 + years of progressive experience in the ﬁeld of digital product development/management
- Experience in Education Technology with high degree of user understanding/empathy for professors and HED learners
- Prior experience using agile methodology and operating in a customer-driven iterative product development working environment
- High degree of competency in project management with multiple initiatives
Skills & Characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to identify good user experience and design
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be ﬂexible and creative in seeking solutions
- Proactive & enthusiastic attitude toward solving challenging problems
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, positive, and a keen interest and passion for HED!
- Remote possible; location near Ann Arbor, MI ofﬁce a plus
- Competitive base salary and bonus, good beneﬁts
- 401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- XanEdu, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.