XanEdu Job Posting
Director of Product Management
Ann Arbor, MI
We offer a generous commission/bonus structure. Health, Dental, 401K matching and other benefits are offered.
We will support your career growth with ongoing training and advanced tools. You will have the foundation of proven training along with the flexibility to develop into your own professional. With our company you have the opportunity for career growth.
XanEdu is the nation’s leader in delivering scalable custom publishing solutions, in print and digital formats, to the K-12 & Higher Ed Communities. Due to impressive growth XanEdu is experiencing in the K-12 market, we are actively seeking a Director of Product Management for our K-12 division to play a critical role in growing the XanEdu K-12 business. The Director of Product Management will work directly with the K-12 sales and marketing teams. With the aid of best-in-class processes, techniques and technologies, you will be empowered to shape sales relationships and internal processes for XanEdu’s team and customers who are adopting industry-leading products and services. As a Director of Product Management, you will be expected to support our K-12 Sales team’s sales efforts. Enthusiasm, persistence, creativity and a positive attitude are essential.
The Director of Product Management K-12 division reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The position will oversee the strategic vision and implementation of our K-12 product roadmap. The ideal candidate should be excited about our mission to evolve the K-12 learning experience while bringing a passion for innovation and education to the team. This position will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining publisher/content provider relationships as well as managing and executing all aspects of the content acquisition and licensing strategy. With the aid of best-in-class processes, techniques and technologies, the Director of Product Management will be empowered to constructively impact relationships and internal processes for XanEdu’s internal teams and customers who are adopting industry-leading products and services that change the face of education.
- Enhance and bring new digital/platform, print and curricular products to the K-12 market.
- Develop high impact custom publishing products that delight curriculum leaders and change the face of education.
- Develop both strategic and tactical plans to effectively recruit and secure a large number of new publisher/content partners to meet product deliverables.
- Proactively identify and develop strategic relationships with key publishers and content providers.
- Negotiate contracts and secure profitable print and digital licensing agreements through highly effective written, phone and face to face communications.
- Develop customized license agreements that ensure best possible commercial terms for the business while simultaneously accommodating content providers’ needs.
- Work with print and digital education products to refine company’s blended offerings and drive new customer acquisition through product expansion.
- Oversee all aspects of product lifecycle management from conception to completion including strategic product roadmap development, market and product definition, product development and roll out.
- Work closely with customers and prospects to identify customer needs and market requirements as well as evaluate competitive intelligence, define target market and create user stories and use cases.
- Collaborate with design and engineering teams to define project scope, requirements, timeline, key milestones and financial goals.
- As the subject matter expert, work closely with marketing and sales teams to support the development of go-to-market launch plans, customer communications strategies and sales enablement tools.
- Develop training programs and tools to ensure sales teams achieve competency in representing full scope of product value propositions.
- Participate in key account visits and in partnership with the sales and marketing teams, lead customer research initiatives.
- Manage and track data and prepare reports for internal stake holders as well as content partners to ensure visibility into usage metrics and compliance with licensing requirements.
- Assist with the maintenance of licenses, tracking renewal, usage, payment and reporting requirements.
- Drive team accountability to timelines and deliverables across functional areas and key stakeholders within the business.
- Monitor and analyze product usage and feedback to identify and implement improvement strategies.
- Anticipate, identify, and communicate project status and risks to key stakeholders, including the senior leadership team
WHAT YOU BRING TO XANEDU’S WINNING TEAM
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years progressive experience in the field of digital product development/management.
- Experience in Education Technology
- Proven experience in and demonstrated knowledge of best practices related to digital product lifecycle management and new product development, design and planning.
- Ability to assess market trends, competitive intelligence, financial data and customer needs.
- High degree of competency in project management.
- Proactive & enthusiastic attitude toward solving challenging problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as presentation skills.
- Prior experience thriving using agile methodology and operating in a customer-driven iterative product development working environment.
- Ability to identify good user experience and design.
- High degree of user understanding/empathy for curriculum leaders and K-12 learners
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and creative in seeking solutions
- Ability to follow-up and follow- through on multiple initiatives.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, an unfailingly positive attitude, and a keen interest and passion for K-12 education!
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
XanEdu, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.