XanEdu Job Posting
Custom Solutions Editor
As a member of the XanEdu Publishing team, the Custom Solutions Editor will drive the growth of custom published products and achieve revenue targets. The CSE will collaborate with local sales representatives, marketing staff, potential and current authors, professors, department chairs, and bookstore customers in private and public universities and community colleges to achieve such goals.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Manage production of custom textbooks, which includes the following:
a. Creating page layout templates
b. Formatting text
e. Developmental editing: working with authors to choose, organize and design their materials
f. Design print and digital covers
g. Prepare print ready files
h. Check press proofs
- Create and manage timelines for each project to ensure timely delivery of projects to the customer.
- Manage and coordinate permission-related activities to ensure permissions are in compliance with the law as well as industry standards to assess risk and communicate findings.
- Reach all assigned sales margin goals, which includes negotiating pricing with printer for all projects.
- Manage existing accounts and understand changing customer needs in order to maintain quality service and expand sales opportunities.
- Prepare complete, accurate, detailed reports within established timelines: customer, weekly, monthly, and special reports as requested.
- Stay within assigned budgets.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have advanced computer skills with proficiencies in the Microsoft Suite, In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and CRM’s.
- Minimum of four years experience as a Managing Editor.
- Previous experience managing custom book projects from closed sale to print production. This includes creating page layouts, formatting text, designing print and digital covers, proofreading, copyediting, and creating print ready files.
- Experience or knowledge with identifying, evaluating and clearing permissions to use copyrighted content. This includes previous experience working with third party publishers, individual rights-holders, and the Copyright Clearance Center to ensure permissions are in compliance with the law as well as industry standards to assess risk and communicate findings.
- Strong organizational, managerial, presentation and personal skills to successfully communicate, negotiate and present with internal and external customers.
- 4 year degree required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with solid time management skills.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to meet with clients and attend sales conferences and training sessions. Expected travel is 10-25%
- Ability to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization, in both a team and independent environment.